sunnuntai 29. toukokuuta 2011

Cut to fit

I. LIVE THE DREAM

Daily suburban grind
Only one thing on your mind
As you prepare the breakfast
for your kids and your husband
I'm in the rut
I'm knee-deep in shit
I hate them all
I despise my own role
I hate what I am about to become

II. WATCH IT GO

Day by day we grow older
Little by little all our cells change
We become perfect strangers
Strangers to our own house
Strangers to our families
Strangers to our friends
Strangers to ourselves
We're stuck with these strangers
With nothing special to talk about
Nothing to share
No communication

We had a dream.
Now we watch it go.

III. HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?

How long has it been
Since you last felt natural?
How obscene is the thought
That you can't be held responsible
For your own demise?
You got married
You had kids
You got a house
You got sick.
you grew tired
And now you're full of it.
And you're tempted by the thought
that you're only three cuts away from freedom.

IV. THREE CUTS

With this first cut I set myself free
From the chains of resentment
From the loath I bear for myself
From this endless running from myself
With this second cut I seal the chance
Of ever coming back to life
Of ever giving new life
Of love that would go beyond this knife
With this last cut everything goes black
Red stream of love creeps down my throat
I rid myself from the burden of breathing
Erase the past this life ever had.
And so I leave life without fright
I leave this daily suburban grind.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti