tiistai 9. huhtikuuta 2013

Smiling inside.


Somewhere out there, quite close by
You are living your own life
Unaware that most of this day
I have spent thinking of that life of yours
And how I would really be glad
If I would be given the chance
To participate in that life you have.
I sigh. I am an old man
trapped inside this relatively young lad
And this mind kept telling me for years
That I couldn't really feel this way
Nevermore, nevermore
Shall another woman be adored
By these eyes, by this heart
Now pierced by affection's poison dart
It's that twilight moment
When it's hard to say what is love
and what is not.
I don't know what it is.
I don't really give a shit.
It's still something I have gravely missed
And I am grateful you made me feel like this
And though you'll never read these words
Though they'll always remain unheard
I'd want you to know how much this hurts
And how much I'm warmed by your kind smile
How luminous are your eyes.
How soothing is the tone of your voice.
I'd want you to know how much this hurts.
This state of twilight
When you don't know what tomorrow brings
And when you don't know what it is
I still don't quite give a shit.
As long as you're there
And I am here
Watching from a distance
Smiling inside.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti